Today's Greek Community
The fraternity movement of the 21st century continues the tradition of values based organizations that have prospered for nearly two centuries. Opportunities for leadership development, service, brotherhood, academic achievement, networking, and social engagement are offered through the fraternity movement. On nearly 800 campuses in the United States, Canada, and beyond, one can find a home away from home and an opportunity to belong to one of the world's largest lifelong, personal development organizations.
Fraternity Stats At A Glance
- Total Undergraduate Fraternity Membership: 325,530*
- Number of Men Initiated in 2011-2012: 84,954*
- 5436 Chapters on roughly 800 campuses*
- Community Service Hours: 2.8 million hours*
- Philanthropic Dollars Raised: $21.1 million*
- All-Fraternity GPA: 2.912 versus All-Male GPA: 2.892^
- Greeks in 112th US Congress: 42 Senators (42%), 101 Congressmen (23%)
- Greeks in 113th US Congress: 39 Senators (39%), 106 Congressmen (24%)
- 50% of the Top 10 Fortune 500 CEOs are fraternity men; 15% of Fortune 100 CEOs are Greek
(*) Compiled from Member Fraternities in the NIC Standards Compliance Report for the 2011-2012 Academic Year(^) Compiled from campuses submitting the NIC Academic Report form for the 2012-2013 Academic YearPress Release
Press releases are located within the "Resource" section. Other news about fraternity life is found on Greek News.