The North-American Interfraternity Conference is pleased to announce that 20 undergraduate students have been chosen to serve as mentors for the 2011 Jon Williamson Futures Quest. Each of these students was chosen from a pool of nearly 100 applicants, all of whom are graduates of the Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute.
Futures Quest is an emerging leaders institute sponsored by the NIC, and is a unique experience that provides new fraternity members with an experience that is broader than their own chapter. At Futures Quest, participants will learn new skills related to ethical decision making and problem solving, conflict management, values integration, and effectively taking risks. All of this is then correlated to the pivotal role that fraternal values play in both leadership and being a fraternity man. At Futures Quest, participants are challenged to answer the question of what does it mean to lead a fraternity and then provide the skills necessary to make that vision a reality.
Mentors were chosen based upon their own leadership experiences as well as their ability to inspire and create lasting change in their own chapters and communities. Each mentor will play a significant role in the program by not only facilitating portions of the curriculum, but also by serving as a guide and role model to the men in attendance as they begin their journey as fraternity men who will lead their organizations forward. Please join us in congratulating the following men and women who have been chosen to mentor at Futures Quest 2011:
- Kevin Ahrens - Sigma Phi Epsilon; Kansas State University
- Tyler Bellick - Pi Alpha Nu; SUNY Plattsburgh
- Philip Bennett - Pi Kappa Alpha; Rockhurst University
- Adam Bradley - Sigma Tau Gamma; University of Wisonsin - LaCrosse
- Ray Curbelo - Phi Sigma Kappa; University of South Carolina
- Ross Davis - Kappa Alpha Order; University of North Florida
- Luisa De Guzman - Alpha Omicron Pi, Rollins College
- Tyler Hermann - Delta Tau Delta; Wright State University
- Lindsey Houchin - Kappa Delta; Western Kentucky University
- Erica Legaspi - Sigma Kappa; University of Washington
- Kate Lewallen - Delta Gamma; University of Montevallo
- Michelle Lippoli - Delta Gamma; Drake University
- Mia McCurdy - Gamma Phi Beta; Purdue University
- Michael Mizrahi - Alpha Epsilon Pi; University of Connecticut
- Spencer Montgomery - Sigma Nu; University of South Florida
- Jacob Mosher - Phi Kappa Psi; Ohio University
- John Murphy - Alpha Kappa Lambda; Missouri State University
- Tyler Torres - Sigma Alpha Epsilon; Virginia Commonwealth University
- Paul Winterbotham - Beta Theta Pi; University of San Diego
- Rebekka Zeigler - Sigma Sigma Sigma; Defiance College
There are two sessions of Futures Quest scheduled for the winter of 2010-2011. Session dates are December 18-20 and January 4-6. Priority registration will be available until December 1, 2010. For more information about the program and to encourage men you know by sending them a Futures Quest card, please visit www.nicindy.org/programs/futures-quest.