The NIC is pleased to share that 2012 has been another successful year for the Jon Williamson Futures Quest. Fuutres Quest is a unique leadership isntitute that brings together emerging fraternity leaders from throughout North America. The program is designed the provide participants with the skills necessary to be ethical fraternity men who are prepared to lead their fraternity in a manner that is congruent with organizational Ritual and values.
Between the two sessions of Futures Quest, nearly 100 men and 20 undergraduate mentors participated in the program. In post-program assessment, participants reported the following gowth:
- 100% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that because of Futures Quest, they are better prepared to be a leader in their fraternity.
- 100% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that because of Futures Quest, they have a better understanding of the relationship of values and ritual to fraternity life
- 100% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that Futures Quest will cause them to make positive changes to their chapter.
- 100% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that Futures Quest will cause me to get the most from my fraternity membership.
- 94% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that Futures Quest will cause them to be a better person.
The NIC is grateful for all of the organizations that provided scholarship support for Futures Quest; the participants who came to the experience with an open mind and contriubted to the learning of others; all of the volunteers who either mentored or participanted in Fireside Chats; and for the partnership from the staff at the Tecumseh Leadership Center.
To learn more about Futures Quest, go to www.nicindy.org. Go here to see Camp Tecumseh's take on Futures Quest 2012.